“Simplicity is the most complex achievement in the world,” said Vico Magistretti, and his virtuosity with purified design is evident in this first creation of his for Acerbis, using a change in perspective to transform an everyday object — the broomstick — into an object of captivating essentialism.
Solid ash wood stained open pore in black and natural bleached colors.
Metal base painted micaceous grey.
Ash is a hard and compact wood that is difficult to deform. It is characterised by its light colour and straight grain and is particularly suitable for open-pore varnishing because it always shows a very natural grain even after treatment.
Ash is a hard and compact wood, difficult to deform. It is characterised by its light colour and straight grain. The solid wood is carefully selected before processing and treated to emphasise the beauty and grain of the wood.
From the archive
- 1 The Spiros concept expressed by Vico Magistretti, 1987
- 2 Forum Design 87 Award, Cosmit 1987
- 3 Spiros wall version: Morphos collection catalogue, 1987
- 4 Spiros: creative research, Acerbis archive 1988
- 5 Spiros a product inspired by an everyday object, 1987
- 6 Spiros a product inspired by an everyday object, 1987
- 7 Spiros a hanger with the linearity of a broomstick, 1987
- 8 Spiros coat hanger: studio drawings, Vico Magistretti foundation archive
- 9 Spiros: studio drawings, Vico Magistretti foundation archive, December 1986
- 10 bio 12, 12th Biennial of Industrial Design 1988
- 11 Spiros free-standing version: Morphos collection catalogue, 1987
Vico Magistretti wrote a piece of history with Spiros, the coat rack made for the Morphos collection, a much imitated icon of international design that, in 1988, won an Honourable Mention for the ID Annual Design Review in New York and was included in the Permanent Design Collection at the Southwest Museum of Science and Technology in Dallas.
News Catalogue 2023
The novelties of the Remasters collection are featured in a brand-new story of archive images and original shots in the News Catalogue 2023.